We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy by sending notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by a prominent notice on the Site. Significant changes will go into effect thirty (30) days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this Policy for updates.
What information do we collect?
We collect information, including Personal Information, to operate effectively, provide you the best experiences with the Site, and in connection with certain trials you may opt to participate in. You provide some of this information directly, such as when you create an account, contact us for support, or submit information about yourself or your pet for a potential trial. We get some of it by recording how you interact with the Site by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device.
We collect, store, and use the following information, which includes Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- Your name, email address, postal address, zip code, country, telephone number, language preference, and any other information you share when you create an account on our Site.
- Information about your pet, your ownership of your pet, and related information in connection with clinical trials and studies we conduct as part of Company activities.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct Company activities.
- Other Personal Information you voluntarily submit, which may include your profession, gender, date of birth, your profile picture, etc.
- Any information you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Site:
- Details of how you use the Site, such as how long you review a page or post.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Site from a mobile application, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Browser and device information and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to conduct trials and studies, improve the Site, optimize our technology and compounds, and innovate ways to forward the our mission.
Namely, we use the information we collect to:
- To send information including diagnostics and details related to clinical trials or studied, confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms and phone you to provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks, and to answer your queries.
- Administer the Site, enable you to use its features, and improve your overall user experience.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Analyze how you use the Site using tools like Google Analytics and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Site.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Site and engage the community of pet owners.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
- To provide and deliver products and services requested by customers.
Do we share your Personal Information?
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties except with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Consent: We may share Personal Information with your express consent.
- Affiliated Third Parties: We may share Personal Information, with our affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
- Service providers: We work with a wide range of third party providers, notably our clinical trial and study partners, database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organizations. These providers work under agreements with strict confidentiality obligations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services.
- · Legal Compliance: We may share your Personal Information for legal, protection, compliance and safety purposes, including (i) to comply with applicable laws and (ii) in response to valid requests from law enforcement, officials, regulatory agencies and other lawful requests, subpoenas and legal processes.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to protect the safety of pets; to maintain the security of the Site, including to detect or protect against fraud or security issues; and to protect the rights or property of Company. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you and, if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information, give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
What are Cookies and Web Beacons and How Do We Use Them?
You may delete and block all cookies from our Site, but parts of the Site will not work. We want to be open about our cookie use.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site and to help determine how you found the Site. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe by not disclosing Personal Information submitted to us unless necessary outside of the Site. We further protect your Personal Information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as it remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law.
Your Choices Regarding Information
You can request to review and update your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner.
Links to Third Party Websites
By using the Site, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third party websites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. We do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser because we do not track our visitors to provide targeted advertising. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under 13
The Site is not directed to individuals who are under 13 and we do not solicit nor knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have unknowingly collected any Personal Information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and the information will be deleted.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may be entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, or the Site, you can contact email@example.com.