Research Operations Manager
Full Time | San Francisco/Remote
Celevity is hiring a Research Operations Manager. You’ll join our small but rapidly growing R&D team to coordinate our drug development and research studies. You’ll work across specialties from biology to finance to ensure our preclinical drug development pipeline is executed efficiently, rapidly, and to the highest quality. This role is for someone who is 99th-percentile detail-minded, meticulous, organized, and diligent.
Your daily work may include:
- Projecting the time and cost to specific milestones
- Managing multiple projects with different contractors, biology, and endpoints
- Coordinating and negotiating with CROs
- Designing initial versions of protocols, iterating with the scientific team
- Reading papers to synthesize the best methods for specific outcomes
You’ll be directly responsible for coordinating our meeting and exceeding milestones so we can continue to grow Celevity and push forward the biology from in vitro to in Fido.
>> Who You Are
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a STEM field; preference to previous wet science (biology, biochemistry, or similar) research experience. Some preference to graduate work in a STEM field.
- At least 3 years of experience in consulting, program management, venture capital, or similar field. If you are coming straight out of academia (Ph.D. or post-doc), you should have demonstrable experience in working fast, managing timelines, and organizational excellence.
How You Work & Think
- Detail oriented, disciplined, naturally seek ownership and responsibility, and happy working on a mix of the fascinating and the mundane.
- Loves to learn and excited to self-teach yourself random topics as relevant to the company and projects.
- Process-driven – creates frameworks to tackle challenging problems.
- Ability to meet or beat rapid deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Concise, logical thinker who can communicate complicate topics with ease, and feels comfortable presenting to board members/executives/investors.
- Growth mindset, value transparency, seek out feedback and iteration cycles.
- Highest standards for scientific quality and rigor.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail – you should be the most organized, detailed person on the team and teach us your ways!
- Professional, with high EQ – naturally communicates diligently and respectfully with vendors, contractors, and the Celevity team.
- Proficiency with project management software (Asana, Excel, Notion)
- Demonstrable previous interest or work in aging, longevity, age-related diseases
- Dog person
- Based full time in San Francisco (remote till mid-2021)
- $100,000 - $120,000 per year depending on your background & preferred ratio of salary to shares, with full-coverage health/dental/vision
- Learning budget for books and self-improvement
- Start ASAP